For most Americans, the 401(k) plan represents the foundation of their retirement savings. As a result, the financial security of many workers depends on organizations choosing thoughtful and disciplined advisors for their 401(k) retirement plan management.
At most U.S. companies, a majority of employees choose to participate in the retirement plan. In a survey by World at Work and the American Benefits Institute, 57 percent of respondents (mainly large enterprises) reported that more than 80 percent of eligible employees currently participate. These employees generally contribute 5 to 7 percent of their salary on a pre-tax basis.
Richard Brothers works with you to design an appealing benefits package that helps attract and retain the best employees while increasing participation in your 401(k) plan.
Our Streamlined and Stress-Free (S2) Plan Onboarding makes it easy for your company to switch to a great 401(k) plan, and our engaging education sessions give employees the information they need to plan for the future. With increased participation, your plan costs are lowered and your company is able to deliver higher value.
Here are a few of the ways we make it easy to invest in your employees — and your company’s future.
Open Architecture – Unlimited Options
Many plan providers offer only a limited range of financial products, but Richard Brothers gives you access to a wide variety of options and helps you choose the plan that best meets your goals. With our open architecture approach to 401(k) plans, you’re able to choose from a wide array of different investment options and provide your employees with maximum options.
Richard Brothers works with you to help ensure that the costs of 401(k) retirement plan management fit your company’s budget and align with your corporate financial goals. We provide full fee disclosure and competitive, sliding scale pricing, and work with you to design the plan in a way that increases participation to reduce the plan cost.
We carefully monitor your plan’s performance and recommend strategies for optimizing your plan. Our multi-tiered Peak Plan Optimization process includes:
- An upfront statement of our investment policy criteria
- Disciplined adherence to these standards, using a watch list, formal reviews and removal recommendations
- Reviewing fund choices for style or management changes
- Comparing plan performance and fund expenses to other plans in your peer group
360-Degree Plan Support & Employee Education
Creating an appealing retirement plan package is just the first step. Engaging your employees and helping them derive the most value from the plan is truly what makes your retirement benefits program successful.
Our financial professionals hold regular employee on-site events to answer questions, explain benefits and improve plan participation. We’re always just a phone call away, ready to answer questions and provide support for both you and your employees. This personal service helps you get the support you need and empowers your employees to make good financial decisions.
Fiduciary Compliance & Support
Richard Brothers helps employers improve their fund performance, increase employee enrollment and bring their plans into compliance. If you are a plan trustee or administrator, there are important regulatory responsibilities that you must meet.
If you answer “NO” to any of the following questions, please consider contacting Richard Brothers to discuss your solutions.
- Is the plan currently fully funded?
- Are you aware of your responsibilities as a fiduciary under ERISA?
- Are you satisfied with the way plan assets are invested?
- Are the assets properly diversified?
- Have the investments been reviewed for prohibited transactions?
- Does the plan have an investment policy statement (IPS)? If yes, has it been reviewed recently?
- Is the plan asset allocation coordinated with the IPS?
- Are the plan assets rebalanced periodically?
- Do you have access to all plan financial information on a daily basis?
- Are you satisfied that plan investment costs are under control?
If you answered “NO” to any of these questions we can help.